If you have diabetes, your heart could be in serious trouble, because cardiovascular disease strikes people with high blood sugar earlier, more often, and harder than anyone else.
- Adults with diabetes face up to four times the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- 65% of diabetics die from stroke or heart disease.
- 68% of people 65 and older who have diabetes will die from heart disease, and at least 16% will die from stroke.
- Surgical interventions, including coronary bypass and angioplasty, don’t work as well in people with diabetes.
- People under ages 20-65 with diabetes face...